So we had transfers this week, I went from Tubao to Balaoan. That was about a two and a half hour bus ride. When I got off the bus there were no missionaries. I had no idea where I was, had no phone and was in a totally different place I had never been to before. I just sat with my bags trusting I wouldn't get mugged... haha but I didn't have any problems so success! Then on Wednesday, I started trying to get acquainted with my new area. Thursday, I started throwing up to the point we decided to go to the hospital... The bus ride to the hospital was a nightmare and for ALL records I do feel bad for the bus conductor I may have thrown up on... I stayed in the hospital without any nurse or doctor telling me what I had till the day I was told we could leave. Turns out I had amebiasis- something an Elder in the mission almost died from a couple months ago. I found that out as my doctor apologized for not visiting for a long time since "may gift exchange kami sa bundok" or in other words they had a gift exchange in the mountain... That was a very different hospital experience to say the least haha. We got to leave on Christmas Eve though so we could be back in our area by Christmas day!
Then I was able to have my first Skype call home! All the computer shops here were closed so that made it a little difficult to Skype but we found a member who offered to help us! I am so grateful for that member. I was able to see and talk to my family and it was WONDERFUL. That Skype call was just what I needed! What a blessing Skype is in this world haha We had an hour and a half to talk and that was honestly the fastest hour and a half of my entire life! WAY FAST. That was so hard to press "close call". But I had so much fun talking to my family!
We had a Christmas Party at the church house too which was way fun! I was able to meet a lot of new people in the branch which was way cool! I now have a ton of little kids who are my best friends now so I am going to do just fine here in Balaoan! I love little kids so much!!! I got to pick up some new magic tricks for them though!
Anyways, I love you all and I guess it's Christmas back home so Maligayang Pasko! Merry Christmas!!! Make it special with your families, that's the biggest present of all. Love them, cherish them, appreciate them.
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment