I am so glad it is finally P-Day and I can write to you all! Time in the MTC is funny, each day seems like a week but each week feels like a day. Some days are hard but that makes the great days that much sweeter! So like 10 minutes after my family dropped me off on June 28th I was in Tagalog class where my teacher (Sister Spencer) speaks 95% Tagalog so ya... That was a bit of a shock! But she is a great teacher and I have love her class and learning Tagalog. My companion and I have already taught 5 lessons in Tagalog!!! Each one being 20+ minutes! Our "investigators" name is Ronald and he speaks like 98% Tagalog. Lets make this clear Ronald speaks 98% Tagalog, Sister Spencer now speaks around 70% Tagalog (which is nice) and I speak about .0001% Tagalog... In other words this is hard!!! But I absolutely love it! I am beginning to understand and speak a lot more Tagalog and I know it is because of ang kaloob ng mga wika (the gift of tongues). Alam ko po na (I know that) totoo ang kaloob ng mga wika!!! (the gift of tongues is true) In the short time that I have been in the MTC I have already learned how to Pray in Tagalog, Teach in Tagalog, and give my testimony in Tagalog! I am constantly learning (and eating) and loving it in the MTC!!! My first companion had to go home with medical problems which was devastating for him and I was devastated for him but before he left I was able to give him a blessing and ang kapangyarihan ng Diyos (the power of God) is real!!!! I felt it so strong and was so grateful to be able to use the Priesthood! I've been able to see Elder Brenchley, Elder Boehme, Elder Bernhardt, and both Elder Lunds! It is so fun to see everyone! I hope everyone is doing well and I love you all!!!
Marami pag-ibig (much love),
Elder Payne
 |
| Elder Payne and his first companion, Elder T. |
 |
| Elder Payne and his temporary companion, Elder B. |
No comments:
Post a Comment