We were able to go to the Manila Temple grounds yesterday and that temple and the temple grounds are BEAUTIFUL!!! We also were able to go proselyting last Saturday and that was an eye opening experience for several reasons.
First of all I have NO idea what anyone is saying! My Dad served in Holland speaking Dutch, he told me when he got there the only thing that sounded the same was the dogs. Well played Dad, I get it. On a more serious note though, there were houses I visited that were literally alley ways within alley ways. To get there we had to duck under poles and barely had enough room to walk through the alley any ways. It was wild, there was poverty unlike anything I have ever seen before. Our first appointment was with a woman named Tess, when we were starting our lesson the Elder I went on splits with asked Tess a question, she then looked at me and with a half smile pointed at me. I turned to the Elder and he said "she wants you to say the prayer". It's funny because I know the invitation to pray but either they used something else or I'm just as lost as I think I am. I said the prayer though and really felt the spirit enter the room. The lesson went well and I was able to share my testimony with her about the Book of Mormon. I shared the scripture Moroni 10:5 from the Book of Mormon: At sa pamamagitan ng kapangyarihan ng espiratu santo, malalaman ninyo ang katotohanan ng lahat ng bagay. (In English: And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.) Then as we were leaving her house I saw a lizard fly up the wall so thats cool.
Anyways love and miss you guys! Hope everyone is doing well and I hope to email again soon, maybe when I get to Baguio on Wednesday!
Love,
Elder Payne
| Manila Philippines LDS Temple |
| Elders Anderton, Payne, and Burke at the Manila Philippines LDS Temple |
| Awesome missionaries |
| Elders Tupuola and Payne |
| Elder Payne in front of the Manila Temple |
No comments:
Post a Comment