Thursday, August 3, 2017

Last P-Day sa America! - August 3, 2017

Well, this should be my last week in America for 2 years. It's crazy how fast time has gone here. We received our flight plans last Friday. I check out of the MTC on August 9. My flight leaves Salt Lake City  and I get to LA. Then I leave for Hong Kong. I'll arrive in Hong Kong August 11... Ya I'm not sure how long I'm going to be in that plane because of the time change pero I'm pretty sure it'll be a long time... Then I have a four hour flight from Hong Kong to Manila! I was soooo pumped to get my flight plans! It's just way exciting to finally see when I can apply what I have learned here in the MTC. I have loved it here at the MTC. I have made friends and learned lessons that will last eternity. I have also been able to attend the Provo Temple these past two weeks and I absolutely love the spirit that I find in there. Nagpapasalmat po ako para sa the opportunity I will have to go to the Manila Temple in about a week! My teachers here at the MTC, Sister Spencer, Brother West, and Brother Pettingil, have been amazing. Not only do they help me learn Tagalog pero they help me lumapit ni Jesucristo. These past couple days have been exciting and I've been experiencing pretty much every emotion possible about leaving the US and entering the Philippines. I'm excited, happy, thankful, unprepared with the language, terrified, nervous, ready to leave the MTC, ready to jump into the culture, ready to learn and grow, ready to show my love for ang mga tao, and pretty much any other emotion ever...  But most of all I am excited for the opportunities waiting for me in the Philippines to tulong mga tao lumapit ni Jesucristo and be masaya! I love you all and hope you are doing well, next time you read my emails I'll be in the Philippines!!!!   

Pagmamahal,

Elder Payne


Beautiful Art in the new portion of the Provo MTC 

A view of the new portion of the Provo MTC





Provo Temple



Awesome Cache Valley Elders:
All 5 elders from our ward that are currently in the Provo MTC right now along with
other elders from home
Elders Bernhardt, Benson, Payne, Lund, Boehme, Brenchley, Blotter, and Lund

Ridgeline High School Riverhawks are off to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...