Thursday, August 10, 2017

3 Hours 'Til MTC Check Out - August 9, 2017

Well it's crazy to think that I'm all packed and ready to go! I feel like I just barely showed up. I have honestly been so blessed by the experiences I have had in the MTC. I have felt my testimony grow exponentially! My love for Christ and his gospel has helped me become something I never thought I could become and this was only the MTC! I have been so very blessed to be here with my wonderful teachers. They have truly blessed my life eternally. I am excited to reach this new step of my mission and can't wait to reach the Philippines so I can show the people how much I love them and how much The Savior loves them. We had the unbelievable opportunity to hear from Elder Bednar this Sunday. It was actually pretty funny because our first Sunday here we watched a recording of one of his MTC talks called "Character of Christ". It is honestly my favorite talk I have ever heard. So anyways my district wanted to finish our last MTC movie with watching that talk Sunday night. We watched his talk then I saw the mission President and his Wife walked into the room. All of a sudden the whole room stood up. I looked up to see Elder Bednar and his Wife standing at the pulpit. The spirit immediately flooded into the room. His words were so comforting and powerful. He left a blessing on us (departing missionaries) and I felt the love of God stronger than I think I have ever felt it. God lives. We are his children. I love you all and will see you all in two years! Peace out from America! 


Pagmamahal,

Elder Payne


Elder Anderton

MTC Instructors: Brothers Spencer, Pettingill, and West

MTC Instructor: Sister Spencer

Brother Pettingill
Brother West
















Elders M. Lund and Payne

Elders M. Lund, Payne, Benson, and P. Lund

Elders Payne and P. Lund

Elder Burke



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...