This week Elder Manarang and I finally got rid of the mouse that has been chilling in our house. I was getting ready for bed and brushing my teeth when the mouse like literally fell from the sky. I still have no idea where it dropped from... but anyways it drops onto the counter, scares the heck out of me, and then runs under our little portable stove top thing. I yell over to Elder Manarang and he runs over. I had a flashlight and kept it shined on the mouse so it didn't get away. We armed ourselves with brooms and mops and then chased the mouse out. It flew out and started running on the floor. We started yelling (screaming) and slapping the floor! I broke the mop and then Elder Manarang nailed it with the broom. We thought it was dead but I poked it just for good measure. When I poked it it jumped up and started running around again! We start yelling and slapping the floor again like a bunch of cavemen but eventually we got it for good.
So ya that was fun.
On a more spiritual side... Brother M. came to church again! This was his third week so he just needs to go one more for us to be able to baptize him! That's the rule here in the Philippines, investigators need to go to church 4 weeks in a row before they can be baptized. But It has been amazing to see how much happier he and his family have been. It is amazing to be a missionary and have front row seats to seeing people change their lives and come closer to their Savior! We have his baptism for the 30th and I can't wait for that day!!!
Love and miss you guys and thank you again for the birthday wishes! You guys are the best! Keep reading your scriptures and feel God's love for you!
Love,

No comments:
Post a Comment