We had a baptism planned for Saturday at 3:00 in a city called Agoo because there is a font in the Agoo Chapel. We brought the family whose little girl we were baptizing to the church just to find the font wasn't filled... And the water here is way slow! So we were filling the font up from the faucet in the font and then getting 5 gallon buckets and filling them with water from different faucets surrounding the church. When they would fill up we would run them back to the font and chuck the water in! We did that for about an hour and the water level hadn't even passed the first step! We decided it just wasn't going to work so we talked with the presiding leader at the meeting and he told us to just go to the ocean! We all packed into this van and drove to the beach and found a quiet little spot. It was BEAUTIFUL and sooooo cool! Elder Manarang was baptizing but i just put my hand in the water and it was soooo warm! The baptism went wonderful and it was just perfect. Then I was able to confirm Marga yesterday before I spoke in Sacrament and it was just way cool! The Spirit that was in our tiny little meeting house was so powerful. I can't say enough how grateful I am for this Gospel for this truly is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is his Church. He loves us with a love we can't even comprehend. To know what I am saying is true and to truly feel his love for you and encourage you to ask our Heavenly Father, for he is the one that can testify to you in a way that words can't.
It's easy to get home sick, though, especially when taking shower with buckets and flushing the toilet with buckets. But that's okay, those are the easy things to get over. I really am doing fine here. I am learning so much and I really do love it here. It just gets frustrating to not be able to say what I want to say. I'll learn, I just need to be patient.
Love you all and hope you are surviving the end of the world back home (from what it sounds like).
Elder Payne
 |
| The beach where the baptism was held |
 |
| The luncheon we had for Elder M's birthday |
 |
| My bed with the Toy Story sheets |
 |
| I needed a blanket not to stay warm. It's just comforting to have a blanket so I got the first one i could find at a store called 698. It turned out to be a spider man blanket. |
 |
| That's my bathroom! I have to clean spider webs out of the corner every once in awhile. |
 |
| I put a nail in the shelves so a could hang up a towel, there wasn't any hammers so I just used the flat side of the machete... Don't worry mom, I was careful. |
 |
| Spiders are a real problem |
 |
| This is my district. Elder C. is sitting next to me. He is from Dubai. His companion is Elder B., who is the missionary on the far side of me. My companion, Elder M., is sitting next to Elder B.. Sister B.(next to me) and Sister M. are both Filipino. Elder B. is from the same valley I am from in the Utah. Elder M. is from California. |
 |
| Elder M. and I - both from the same valley back home |
No comments:
Post a Comment