Sunday, September 3, 2017

Where to Begin?!?! - September 4, 2017

First off... I forgot my camera so no pictures this week from me... my bad. 

I'll probably start from last P-Day. We had a birthday thing for my companion. We bought a huge pig and had lechon which was way good! There was a ton of food leftover that we were able to give to families which was pretty cool. We also went to the zoo which was pretty sweet. They had a tiger there that was like freaking out and roaring at everyone! It was a fun P-Day! 

Throughout the week we were able to see many miracles. One was that of an investigator coming to church. He has been an investigator for 3 years and hasn't been to church since he first became an investigator. We have really been trying to help him see God's love for him in his life. Then this Sunday, he came!!! We were able to then teach him a lesson later on and it went way good! He has been struggling with gaining a testimony of Joseph Smith. As we were talking I felt the impression to stress the importance of the Book of Mormon. I testified to him that I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that it is the word of God and that Joseph Smith was able to translate that Holy Book through the power of God. I then was able to testify to him that if he came to know that the Book of Mormon was true that he would know Joseph Smith was a true prophet called of God. Now, realize I am really not very good at Tagalog so I didn't say it as well as I would have liked but I know the spirit was there in my broken Tagalog, for the spirit testifies of truth no matter the language. 

I love the people here! They are absolutely amazing! They are always so kind and no matter who you see, if you wave they will wave and smile back. The other day a bus gave us a free ride because we were missionaries. It was dope! The kids love to see missionaries and run up and jump on us, start giving us high fives, and just give the biggest smiles! They LOVE magic, so Elder M. and I are going to find a magic kit from a store today haha. Also the kids here love to dab, its pretty hilarious. They call it the "American" haha. 

Fun fact, we have a baptism on Saturday! I am way pumped except for the fact that I am speaking. That's alright, I have time to prepare a talk in Tagalog. Oh and I am speaking on Sunday, same thing. One thing I have found to be a great blessing this week has been reading "Our Search for Happiness" by M. Russell Ballard. Please read this book! It is absolutely amazing! Not only for members but for those who just want to learn more about our faith. That book is inspiring. 

This last week was the mission tour so we had about half of the mission in a meeting with Elder Schmutz of the Seventy leadership group. It was way cool! We talked a lot about the celestial kingdom and how to get there. It was also fun because I got to meet a lot of the missionaries in my mission including another elder from Cache Valley. His name is Elder Maners and he is a way cool dude. Coincidentally, he and Elder Beck were also trained in the same house I am being trained in. So the last 3 missionaries from Cache Valley have all been trained in the same house just outside of the city of Tubao.

Well I hope everyone is doing well and I love to hear from you! 

Alam ko po na buhay si Jesucristo at ito ang simbahan niya! Alam ko po na sa pamamgitan ang Ebanghelyo ni Jesucristo puewede po tayong maging mas masaya! 
(Translation: I know that Jesus Christ lives and that is his church! I know that by the Gospel of Jesus Christ we can be more happy!)

Love,

Elder Payne

P.S.   Ya its true. They do start celebrating Christmas in September. haha They wished everyone a happy Christmas season at church yesterday. So Merry Christmas to everyone back home! haha
Originally shared on Facebook:  
This picture shows missionaries in the Agoo South Zone with Elder and Sister Schmutz as well as President and Sister Bangal.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...