Sunday, November 19, 2017

Baptism and Kids!!! - November 20, 2017

We had a baptism this week! It was great! We would normally go to the chapel in Agoo because we have a font there and not one at our meeting house in Tubao but... there were activities going on at the Chapel in Agoo so our Branch President told us to just go to the river! Haha I was so excited! It was dope! There was a carabao just taking a bath next to us as we had the baptism. We were right by a dam so there were a ton of kids playing in the water. The water was way warm compared to river water back home! The baptism was wonderful! I feel so blessed that the lord would trust me enough to be apart of that sacred ordinance! This is a beautiful work and it is so amazing to be able to be apart of it! 

Soooooooooooooooo I learned a magic trick from Elder Manarang that I've been showing to the little kids here. They absolutely love it! From now on we will just be walking down the street and a ton of kids will run up yelling "Magic Magic". And here in the Philippines it's not very hard to spot out the puti (white) guy... But that's okay, I love these kids here!!! They like to run up, hold your hand, jump on you, touch your arm. It honestly makes my day to find a group of kids like this! 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! Stay safe and put your faith in Christ!!! Helaman 5:12
And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

-Elder Payne

Elder Payne was asked the differences between the future missionary he was in June 2017 before he left for his mission as compared to who he is now, 5 months later.  Here is his response:

The differences between the old Elder Payne and the 5 months in Elder Payne...
I know what true poverty is like. I've seen families who have bamboo homes, bamboo tables, dirt floors, and their whole living is rice. I have seen changes in people's lives. I understand in a new sense that there is true change in people's lives as they accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have learned the true meaning of working hard, halimbawa (example) We study for three hours in the morning and then after that work 7+ hours a day. Every Day. I have experienced frustration with difficulties in speaking/ understanding people. Before my mission I couldn't comprehend the difficulties I've already faced. I miss things I never thought I would miss before. This is a third world country in every sense of the word. I have prayed harder than I have ever prayed before. I have felt God's love more powerfully than I have ever felt it before. My testimony is tested every day and continues to grow everyday. My patience has been tested like it never has been before. I now know why people say this was the hardest two years of their life. I get it and I haven't even reached 6 months yet. But time works weird on missions. its definitely different. This is hard, but worth it!






Candy delivered in packages sent from home



Elders from his "batch" of missionaries that arrived in Baguio in August 2017: Elder M. and Elder H.



Glass Bottle of Gatorade

Most Vibrant Rainbow I've Ever Seen

Elder T. and Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...