Well... Thanksgiving was a little different this year... It started out with a "brown out" or black out... early in the morning. That means that we didn't have fans to keep us from melting from Filipino heat. So translation, we were cooking this year instead of the turkeys. To try to escape the heat we ate lunch in the backyard which was still really hot and had a lot more bugs. Lunch was rice with canned sardines and corned beef. Then our stove broke (don't worry I fixed it) We then ran out of clean water and didn't have time to buy more (don't worry we have a filter it is just insanely slow) And then we ran out of lesson one pamphlets... But that's okay, we saw miracles on Thanksgiving. We extended 4 IBD's (investigator Baptismal date) and our investigators accepted them! That is something I did learn on my first Thanksgiving away from home, you have to focus on the things that really matter. So many things went wrong on Thanksgiving, even our bus ride back home was a disaster, we waited for an hour watching 7 buses pass us until we packed onto the 8th, but after all was said and done I am grateful for that day. We worked hard, did the Lord's work, and did our best to bring people closer to our Savior. I guess that's the moral of my story, pick the things that matter and that's where you can be happy.
I love you all and hope to have some exciting stories to tell next week! Take care this week and focus on the things that matter! (Loved ones, Friends, Our Savior)
-Elder Payne
 |
| A decorated bamboo stick |
 |
| City streets- a power pole in the middle of the road |
 |
| Christmas decorations |
 |
| My desk area |
No comments:
Post a Comment