Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Conference!- December 11, 2017

This week was a blur! We had Christmas Conference on Thursday and Friday so we were busy at the beginning of the week trying to reach out to all of our investigators with two less days in the week! We tried to visit a family that lives across this river that normally has bamboo rafts to get us across. They even had rafts to get us across the first time but nobody was there when we wanted to come back... So we rolled up our pants and took off our socks and went for it! I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it... The water here is definitely WAY warmer than the water at home but it was still cooler than the rest of the world here! 

Then Christmas... Christmas conference was a blast! We had every missionary in our mission go and it was way fun to meet new missionaries and be around some of the friends I've made here! I also got to see my Trainer Elder Manarang which was way fun! I love that guy! And I got to see a fellow Logan Native representing in the Philippines so shout out to Elder M.! We watched The Cokeville Miracle as a mission and that movie is powerful! The whole story is just such a testimony builder! Then the Polynesians in our Mission put on a show, their culture is the coolest!!!!! I loved their songs, their dancing and everything! 

Well I love you all and wish the best for all of you! I wish you all a very happy holiday season! Try to do something for someone in need! The best thing to do when you are tired is taking on the challenge of helping someone who is more in need! (Credits to President Hinckley) haha very true though! Get lost in the CHRISTmas spirit!!! LOVE YOU!

Love,
Elder Payne 

This is my "batch" that arrived in Baguio at the same time as me.

Elder C. from Dubai that was in my first district

 Elder D. and I with two sisters that used to be in my district

Elder Manarang and I

Elder M. is from the same valley back home 


Elder T. and I


Elder Manarang and me again

Sister B. and I

Traveling in a nice jeepney with most of the elders in my zone


A Filipino man on a sleigh being pulled by a carabao- A Filipino Santa Claus? 


Carabao taking a bath






This is an area that we usually cross with a raft but the raft wasn't there so we walked across it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...