Monday, February 19, 2018

Elder Rasband Came to Town!- February 19, 2018

This week was full of great meetings and seeing wonderful people! To start out the week President  Bangal came to district meeting to interview everyone in the zone. President and Sister Bangal are just the best. It is always so fun to get to see them! Then we had a special conference as a mission with Elder Rasband! Not only was it great that he came it meant the ENTIRE mission came up to listen to him. That meant I got to see all my past companions and friends in the mission! We also took a cheesy "family generation" picture with My trainer, my trainee, and I. That was actually really satisfying haha. Then I got to say goodbye to Elder T. He's is pretty far away from me in the mission and he goes home to Kiribati in about 2 months so that might be the last time I get to see him. I'm really glad I was able to say goodbye to him. We had a really fun companionship back in Tubao! 

And of course Elder Rasband's talk was amazing! Super powerful. He spoke about his talk "By Divine Design" and we learned a ton! He also gave us his eye witness account of when the quorum of the twelve met together in the temple to reorganize the first presidency. It was such a powerful and genuine witness of the divinity of Christ's church here on earth. It was amazing to hear his account in person of such a historic event in history. So we heard him speak to us as a mission and then we had a stake conference so I got to hear him twice! In his stake conference address he emphasized the importance of Families. I absolutely loved his talk. I have been so blessed with a family who has based our home off of the principles of the gospel. My parents have set such a great example for me for when one day I have a family of my own. I can't wait to hold family home evening, family scripture study, family prayer, just everything. It'll be so fun :) One thing I'll never forget that he said is never forget to say "I Love you, Thank You, and I'm sorry" What a great  talk he gave! 

Anyways, besides my constant war with mosquitoes, massive spiders (which think its fun to crawl on me in the shower) lizards, and rats.... I love my mission, I love the Philippines, and I love this people. but above all I love my Savior Jesus Christ. LOVE YOU ALL

Take care this week and stay safe and be happy! 

Love,
Elder Payne 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...