Monday, June 4, 2018

All Smiles in the Philippines

Crazy that it is already Monday again! No matter how hard or easy, fast or slow, it always seems to be Monday again :) This week was full of joy and challenges, nothing new to the life of a missionary, and my joy definitely came from the opportunity to serve others! We were able to serve at Dunuman West Elementary School. Painting walls, cleaning the grounds, and doing other random chores. It was a blast! They just started the new school year today so now they have a bright school to attend now! 

   Then we were able to serve at a members house chopping wood for them to sell and use to cook. It was honestly so fun. I guess I'm still a child when it comes to being able to work with a machete... haha It was hard work but super satisfying! At the end we were able to pick some coconuts off of their tree using a super long bamboo shaft with a metal hook on the end. It was super adventurous for me haha After we got the coconuts we hacked them up with our machetes then stuck a straw in them and just dug in! It was honestly so good! 

   Sorry, i'm really out of time but wanted to let you know I love you and miss you! I really am grateful for all the roles you have all had in my life, you guys are the reason I am who I am today! Love you! and take care this week :)

Love,
Elder Payne





Drinking fresh coconut milk straight from the source


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...