Sunday, October 22, 2017

October 23, 2017

Hey everyone! We have had a pretty solid week this week! First of all, my companion and I were just chilling at a bus stop waiting to go to a part member/investigators house. While we were sitting there we saw a HUGE moth! Seriously, this thing was like the size of my hand! My companion dared me to catch it, I came up behind it with an empty plastic bottle and caught it. Once I caught it our bus rolled up, so I was stuffing a mothy water bottle into my bag... super weird but funny haha we got to our appointment and we showed the kids, they absolutely loved it! They started finding even more bugs and were throwing them into the bottle haha. These were the same kids that were at my first baptism at the beach. While we were at the beach they saw me picking up seashells cause I think seashells are sweet and now whenever we go over they give me more and more shells, I love those kids!!!

Another fun story.. We ran into a drunk guy that was pretty funny. He called us over from way down the street. When we walked over he was just way drunk but he still pulled out some chairs for us to sit on and then he told us to teach him. He was talking in english, ilacono, and tagalog. Whenever we showed him the restoration pamphlet (which has a picture of jesus) he would take it and kiss jesus then give it back. We would be talking and he'd randomly say "wait wait wait" and just pause looking off for a second then open his arms and tell us to continue, then at random times in our lesson he would just hold at both of his hands palm down and wait for Elder Manarang and I to shake his hands again. haha We'll go back again sometime and hopefully teach him while he's sober!

That was my week, I hope it was entertaining for everyone! I'll try to pick up some good stories for next week! I know this Gospel is true, not easy but true! Alam ko na sa pamamagitan ng Ebanghelyo na ito  pwuede natin maging masaya sa buhay na ito at sa buhay pagatapos dito! (Translation:  I know that through this Gospel we can be happy in this life and in life end here!)

Love,
Elder Payne

a local jeepney
Missionaries in the district plus the two Assistants to the Mission Presidents (AP) that go home soon

There are a lot of colorful moths.

Rice drying along the road

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...