This week I was able to speak in Sacrament with a grand total of 3 minute advanced notice. That was the 10th time I've been given to share in sacrament for the 18 possible weeks to share.. haha I just counted off weeks from transfers and took out fast Sunday meetings where I wouldn't have to share haha. That's okay, I am getting more comfortable with sharing and have fun being able to share my thoughts. I shared the story of Ammon when he was "boasting in the Lord" because he knew as for himself he was weak. I then shared in Ether 12:27 that God gives us weaknesses so we can be humble and turn to him. Joseph Smith himself realized his weaknesses and turned to the Lord for he lacked wisdom because of that he truly was able to see God the Father and Jesus Christ. I am grateful for weaknesses, though challenging as they are, they provide opportunities to grow closer to God and our Savior Jesus Christ. I am far from perfect, my weaknesses show every day but I am trying to be what God needs me to be. I feel so blessed to be able to turn to him in my trials and my weaknesses. He is there and he hears our prayers.
Take care this week and please pick someone up who looks like they are down. This world needs more kindness, more selflessness, and more smiles. :) And do me a favor... watch a Disney movie or two, maybe Beauty and the Beast and Hercules. Thanks in advance ;) love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment