Sunday, January 21, 2018

Another Week in Paradise-Take 2 January 22, 2018

What a wonderful world! We had a great week this week! We were able to have a zone conference where President Bangal was able to give a great talk that nailed some of the concerns I have with the work here in the Philippines. We had some really good role plays and then we were able to watch the video released by the church announcing the new first Presidency and introduction of President Nelson! What powerful messages they shared! It is an interesting feeling having a prophet pass away on you mission but also a wonderful testimony builder of the divinity of this work! I testify that President Nelson is a prophet of God! I also shook his hand a few years ago sooooo.... haha 

We were able to have some powerful lessons and work with some really amazing people this week! We will continue to try to help them keep commitments and come closer to our savior Jesus Christ. It is such a trial and a blessing to be a missionary. There is never a dull moment! Always something to learn. I'm not going to lie, there are growing pains but It's all for the better! I would like to testify that God lives and loves us. He is in the details of our lives, all we have to do is look. He is willing and ready to bless us, let us trust in him and feel his love more powerfully in our lives. 

Much love, watch another Disney movie or two for me ;) 

-Elder Payne

P.S. The picture with the kids is a magic trick that turned into a magic show. They totally figured me out... but we still had fun ;) 


Image may contain: 20 people, people smiling, people standing and indoor
Zone Conference




















No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...