Monday, January 29, 2018

Getting a Trainee!!!- January 29, 2018

What a week! I guess we will start out with the beginning which for a missionary is on P-day... ;) Last P-day after emailing we went to Bacnotan to go to the beach there. It was way fun even just walking on the beach looking for seashells! I love seashells, they are so beautiful! I found some really good ones so that was fun! 

Later in the week we were finding and went up to one house to find a white guy inside! That's weird when you are in the Philippines... He was a super nice guy and we learned that he is from the Netherlands! The Netherlands is where my Dad served his mission over 20 years ago! I loved being able to speak to a Dutch man with a name tag on just like my Dad did just around 20 short years ago ;) 

Then we went finding in a barangay (mini city) that is way up in the mountain. It was super steep and super fun to climb to the top. It was through rainforest like paths and stuff and it was just super fun. We got to the top or were caught up into an exceedingly high mountain.. ;) when we found this cow. It was super chill, super nice. It really liked us and tried to follow us after we were done petting it. I decided to teach it a lesson and it seemed pretty interested ;) So ya, now I'm pretty tight with some mountain cow in the Philippines. 

And finally... Sunday! We had church as usual where I had another opportunity to speak in sacrament. Then we got to teach primary cause the primary teacher left after sacrament... Which is alright cause I love kids. So I had them all just draw pictures of their families. That meant we got to draw pictures too, and it was way fun haha. So that was church then last night before we went to bed we got a call... and I'm training! I'll meet my trainee on Thursday. I'm way nervous cause I want to teach him right and help him love his mission! But WAY excited too! It'll be good! 

oh and update. I have now finished all the treats I got from my Christmas package... :( But thank you so much to ALL who thought of me and put in a little note or treat! It all meant so much to me!)

Anyways, sorry for the long email! Busy busy busy! Love you all and take care this week!!! 

Elder Payne

Here are some picture descriptions:  

The view we got while finding in a mountainous area of balaoan and my friend the cow. 

In one of those pics you can see the beach! And probably all the way off into Laoag mission!

I just liked this sign because it had a minion on it haha 

the spider eating the lizard and an ants nest

P-day at the beach last week!






































No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...