Monday, April 9, 2018

General Conference- April 9, 2018

  That General Conference was so amazing! We watched the rebroadcast out here this week (we watch it here a week after the actual conference) and it was so powerful! It is such a blessing and such an expression of love that God has given us living leaders, his servants, to teach and to guide us through these troubled days. With all the changes that happened we can truly see revelation working in this the latter days. God is preparing ways to bless us and those around us. He loves us and is giving us ways to come closer to him! I felt the spirit testify to me that President Nelson is a prophet of God. He is his chosen servant to guide the church on the earth under divine direction. The common them I found in this conference was wonderful and simple... LOVE. Love our families, love our neighbors, love our enemies. Serve others with the love that Christ has served us with. What a beautiful conference and I can't wait to study their talks in the future! 

   This week has been difficult with the work, a lot of people were busy and a lot of appointments fell through. We worked hard and were able to find 5 new investigators. We fell short of our goal but we are still more than excited to have 5 new people we can share our message to!

good news this week! Back story first... I've been seeing my friends serving around the world get smartphones for their missions which is wonderful for the work! We might not have that blessing here in the Philippines but we did get a new fancy device this week... We got a microwave!!! I haven't even seen a microwave since the MTC (Missionary Training Center) so I'm super pumped! I haven't found popcorn here yet but I promise I'm going to start looking harder! 

Sorry no pics this week... But I'll get some good ones for next week! This week, let us start the habit of following the Prophets new counsel! I promise as a missionary and representative of the Lord Jesus Christ that blessings will flow into our lives and the lives of those we love as we follow the prophets divine counsel! Love you all tons! 

-Elder Payne 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...