Sunday, April 22, 2018

Transfers Again- April 22, 2018

Well, it looks like it's time to say goodbye to Balaoan. It is wild I have already been here for three transfers and even more wild that Elder P,'s training is over! I have had so much fun being able to train Elder P. He is such a great guy, missionary, and friend. I'm glad we'll both still be in the mission together for a while. I got the call earlier today I will be heading to Santa Maria up in Candon Zone. That will be the furthest north I have traveled here! I am excited, I'll have Elder B. as my Zone Leader! Elder B. was my first district leader and is also from the great land of Cache Valley so that will be fun for me!  

This week was crazy fast, the work was fun and we were able to have some really positive lessons. I think the outlook for Balaoan is great. It'll be in the good hands of Elder P. and his new companion. I am very grateful for the people I was able to meet here and gain relationships with. It is such a weird feeling to be packing my things after working so hard in this area for nearly 5 months. I wish I would have been able to see more fruits from our labors but I am satisfied when saying I did my best here. I will be eternally grateful (Toy Story quote) for the lessons I learned here. I hope I learned what God had prepared for me here. 

This week I discovered to be true something that I had heard many times before, that the mango's in the Philippines are the best in the world.  I testify the Philippines has the best mango's in the entire world. As I took a bite, my world was changed forever. There is no fruit I have ever eaten that even compares to the taste that hit my mouth as I ate that mango. Not candy has ever compared to the taste of sugar that came from that mango. It was life changing. It almost pains me because when I get home in 2 years I will never again be able to eat mango's. What a ride! haha 

Well, that's a wrap for my week. As always, love and miss you all! Stay safe and stay happy. Also, please watch Lord of the Rings for me. Craving that one really bad right now...

-Elder Payne










No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...