Monday, July 23, 2018

Happiness is a Choice!

What a great week to learn some great things. I'm not going to lie, there were some real life problems that were happening this week. It was hard to me to see some trials that were going on in the lives of the people around me. I love these people and their problems feel like my problems. Because of that I was able to understand the Atonement in a whole new light. As I felt sorrow for those I love I thought of how Christ literally felt the entirety of sorrow, hurt, and pain in all people. But when you think of Christ do you think of someone who is sad? Of course not. I firmly believe that even through the responsibility of the Atonement Christ was still able to find joy. There is no reason that we can't be happy as well. Life isn't perfect. Bad things happen. But we can make the choice to be happy as we rely on our Savior Jesus Christ and his Atonement. What a blessing! Alma 7:11-13

In other news, Sunday was a blast! In sacrament I was sitting next to my main man Bro. Will. He is the best! We were messing around with a little boy in the ward. We gave him a pen and he began drawing on Bro. Wills had. At first he put eyes, a nose, a mouth, then ears, arms, legs, and then he stopped for a little bit. We thought he was finished then he made an... addition in complete seriousness. After he made this "addition" brother will and I lost it. We were laughing so hard! I turned to brother Will and said about the drawing "Lalaki pala siya" (It turns out its a boy!) I'll let you guess what he drew to finish his drawing... haha Later that night we were teaching a part member family and I had to super focus on the lesson cause I kept getting distracted with playing with this cute six year old girl there. I showed some magic and then I guess we became best friends haha. I LOVE these people! 

Love you all and hope you have a great week. 

Love,

Elder Payne 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...