Monday, July 16, 2018

Swimming! It's not like that :)

This was a super fun/ wild week! We had zone conference and I got to see some very good friends before they get on a plane! To Elder K, Elder B, Elder M, Elder G, Elder F, and Elder U, have a safe flight. I'll miss you guys a ton. I also got to see my trainer again! Always fun to see Elder M. In other big news... We got our washer this week! Sweet! The only problem is its too big to fit comfortably in our bathroom... Oh well, no reason to complain! 

 We were able to have 2 baptisms this week! What a wonderful experience that is. The spirit is definitely present when a child of God enters those waters of baptism. What a sweet and wonderful feeling that is there. It was super cool to see my man L make it to that point. He was my first lesson here in Santa Maria and I have seen him grow so much in his desire to follow Christ. He's 20 so there's still time for a mission ;) And J is super cool, what a kid. He has so much potential. What a time to be alive :) 

 Fun last story, we did splits with some members yesterday and I was with one of my favorite members out here in the Philippines, brother W! He is the best! After our appointments we started making our treck home in the midst of a storm. Our previously clear roads had now turned into rivers... I loved it! After an hour walk to our last appointment I truly felt like I had come back from swimming. Still not like that ;) But I honestly had a blast! Great people, great work, great times. I love being a missionary!

Love you all and hope you have the best week ever!

Elder Payne 













As this is a public blog, pictures of baptisms from this week aren't included to protect the privacy of the those in the pictures.  They are included in Elder Payne's weekly emails for those that are part of that email group, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...