Monday, August 20, 2018

Back to Work!!

Hello Family and friends! First of all, thank you so very much for all of your prayers and emails of encouragement to me! It really means so much! I am feeling much better now and have been so relieved to get back to work!!! It has been a great week of learning, growing, and serving! Being a missionary is just the best! We were able to have a conference this week with Elder Teh of the seventy! He was really great and had some really great things to help us as missionaries! It was also really fun to see friends I hadn't seen in a while! 

 We were also able to have a Book of Mormon Fireside on Sunday that was really great!!! They had a clip from the movie "The Testaments" Of course it's no Hollywood movie... but the spirit that comes when Christ visits the Americas... I LOVE MY SAVIOR! Oh how I wish to fall before his feet one day and praise him! I want that more than anything. I testify that the Book of Mormon is a testament of Him! I know we can get closer to him from that book than by any other book here on earth! SO it's simple, if you love Jesus Christ, read his book! Read the Book of Mormon and I promise you will grow closer to him.

In other news, we had a baptism this week! My boy Jerome came through! He wouldn't let any rabies hold him back from the font! We also had a super awesome child of record baptism that day as well! What a fun day. That spirit is so strong as that sacred ordinance is being performed. I was also able to confirm the child of record as a member of Christs beautiful church! Wow, every time I get the wonderful opportunity to do that... The Priesthood is real! 

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of long emails but I've got one more story... We were coming home from work one day and we were passing some bbq's that are always out here. I turned to Elder R. and the member we worked with and asked if they wanted empanadas. Of course they said yes so we walked up to the bbq and look into the glass case holding the empanadas to find a mouse chowing down! We just looked at each other and I just said "ummm hinda pa gutom ako" (Im not hungry anymore...) Eww! I don't know when I'll get an appetite for empanadas again! That's too bad, but I still thought it was funny!

Well that's it for the week, love you and miss you all!!! 10

Love,
Elder Payne 






As this is a public blog, pictures of baptisms from this week aren't included to protect the privacy of the those in the pictures.  They are included in Elder Payne's weekly emails for those that are part of that email group, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...