Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Filipino Hospital episode 2 Dengue Fever

We didn't hear from Andy on his regular P-day.  Instead, we found out the next morning that he was in the hospital.  This is an email his mission president allowed him to write while he was recovering in the hospital.  

Well, I'll be honest. Before I got the Philippines I was hoping to never have to visit a hospital here. Now I'm on my second time... Oh well, you can't get everything you want, right? Turns out I got Dengue this time around. I wouldn't suggest it. I'm not going to lie, it's not that great haha On the bright side it did "feel" colder the past two days... The chills really came in when I was around 103 or 104 degrees. Kind of ironic, the coldest I've felt in the Philippines is when my temperature was the highest it's been here... haha I'm doing fine though. I should be in the hospital for a couple of days then I'll get released and get back to work!

In other news... the other day we were trying to find a referral in a place we'd never been to before. It was a place called Ampuagan. We heard it was next to a barangay called Cabaroan that wasn't to far from our house so we were going to walk to Ampuagan and do some contacting along the way. Turns out Ampuagan is WAY the heck out there! It took us a solid 4 plus hours to get there! But It turned out really great cause we picked up some NI's and met a ton of people, plus we found our referral! Another fun thing that happened, on the way home from Ampuagan we ran into a tractor who was dropping off his workers who just planted rice for him. Turns out he was going back to the barangay that we needed to go to! We asked if we could hop on the back and he gave us the ok so we cruised out of Ampuagan on a tractor! haha it was pretty great. 

That covers about all the highlights this week! Hope its worth the read ;) Love you all and miss you tons. Take care this week!

Elder Payne 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go

Well, I'm in a bit of a state of shock right now. I got a call from the zone leaders last night that I would be transferring. I have onl...